Code of Practice
The Code of Practice approved by the Trading Standards Institute incorporates the highest retail selling standards and gives you absolute reassurance when purchasing a carpet from a Carpet Foundation Member.
The key features of the Code are:
- It applies to all carpet sold by a Carpet Foundation Member (excluding rugs).
- Written terms of business must be given prior to the purchase.
- Consumers who cancel an order “on reasonable grounds” should not be penalised.
- Verbal estimates of the cost must be supported by a written quotation which will show the total cost.
- Deposits of up to 50% of the order price will be protected by The Carpet Foundation.
- Free extended 2 year guarantees are provided by Carpet Foundation manufacturers for manufacturing faults and pile reversal.
- There is an agreed complaints resolution process and timetable.
- A free conciliation service is provided by the Carpet Foundation.
- Low cost arbitration is provided.
- Carpet Foundation Members are regularly monitored to ensure they do deliver the right service.
- There is a non-compliance arrangement to deal with those retailers who breach requirements of the Code.